Please allow me to introduce myself (Rolling Stones)

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The title should give you an idea of my age...lol. I can also be found by my character name on some MMO as SOG, Some Old Guy.

I'm retired after 30+ years as a sysadmin, so I am a geek, a gamer, a cyclist, a photographer, and a competitive shooter. I'm married, we celebrated 42 years in Aug last year, and have 3 amazing adult children. I grew up in Minnesota where I met My Love, built a house, took 13 months, in Burnsville MN, moved to CA for 34 years and now live south of Salt Lake City in Utah. We just moved here because our oldest son and grandson live here.

I ran a fish only salt water tank 25 years ago and have been waiting to get into a reef tank. The house in CA was great for raising of family but not for having an aquarium so with this house there was going to be a place for a reef tank. Once the basement is remodeled there will be a fish room and a 170 gallon tank. I'm counting the days! Also, I am looking for reefing group in the area if you folks know of any.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, I think you are not to far from some nice Local Fish Stores. Get Google going and check them out. Seems there is one called Reef Cave that is on Google...Think the contact person is Greg.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The title should give you an idea of my age...lol. I can also be found by my character name on some MMO as SOG, Some Old Guy.

I'm retired after 30+ years as a sysadmin, so I am a geek, a gamer, a cyclist, a photographer, and a competitive shooter. I'm married, we celebrated 42 years in Aug last year, and have 3 amazing adult children. I grew up in Minnesota where I met My Love, built a house, took 13 months, in Burnsville MN, moved to CA for 34 years and now live south of Salt Lake City in Utah. We just moved here because our oldest son and grandson live here.

I ran a fish only salt water tank 25 years ago and have been waiting to get into a reef tank. The house in CA was great for raising of family but not for having an aquarium so with this house there was going to be a place for a reef tank. Once the basement is remodeled there will be a fish room and a 170 gallon tank. I'm counting the days! Also, I am looking for reefing group in the area if you folks know of any.

IMG_5199.JPG

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing community. Good luck with the build.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back