Please evaluate my water parameters

Bushman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Saturday will mark the end of week 3 of my cycling my 40 gallon AIO. Starting to see what I think is some hair algae and there are some brown areas appearing on the sand and rocks. Following are my parameters taken just now:
Ammonia .25 ppm
PH 7.9
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20ppm

Does this look about right. I haven't done my first water change just yet. Looking for guidance and assurance. ;Nailbiting

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Saturday will mark the end of week 3 of my cycling my 40 gallon AIO. Starting to see what I think is some hair algae and there are some brown areas appearing on the sand and rocks. Following are my parameters taken just now:
Ammonia .25 ppm
PH 7.9
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20ppm

Does this look about right. I haven't done my first water change just yet. Looking for guidance and assurance. ;Nailbiting

Sounds like you have all the strains of bacteria for your cycle. Now you just need to wait for them to get to an appropriate size.

I have seen different opinions on this next part, so you may want to do some research and make your own decision. I like to start water changes as soon as my nitrates start getting over 5 or 10, so they don't get out of control.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back