(Please help) Bird nest SPS coral frag not doing good

smokingReefer420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2211.jpeg

The frag arrived. It looked great. I did dip it in coral revive, and now the tissue was starting to recede. This is after 12 hours in the tank. Any ideas? Any suggestions on what to do to stop the tissue from receding?

Ph8.3
Salinity 35ppt
Temp 78.5 f
Testing the rest today

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very odd place for recession to begin. The first thing I would do is get it away from the three surrounding it. He's got no chance against em. Your parameters and a whiter pic when available could raise something else?

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2211.jpeg

The frag arrived. It looked great. I did dip it in coral revive, and now the tissue was starting to recede. This is after 12 hours in the tank. Any ideas? Any suggestions on what to do to stop the tissue from receding?

Ph8.3
Salinity 35ppt
Temp 78.5 f
Testing the rest today
I’d give it a few days. Though it has lost some tissue, the polyps are out. Birdsnest is pretty tough. Double checking your tank parameters is always a good idea too.

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very odd place for recession to begin. The first thing I would do is get it away from the three surrounding it. He's got no chance against em. Your parameters and a whiter pic when available could raise something else?
Good eye! It very well could be getting stung from those.

OP
OP
S

smokingReefer420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all - after the first night I did move them away from everybody and the polyps are still out today. Did check DHk 8.2

So…
35ppt
8.2dkh
8.3 PH
78.7 f

Checking nutrients tonight after work

OP
OP
S

smokingReefer420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2219.jpeg

This is what it looks like approximately four days later. I moved it three days ago to the upper rock work and I still have my lights on acclamation mode .

I had a long overnight shift last night that I did not expect so I could not test my water parameters, but I will hear soon. So far.

Salinity 35ppt
Dkh 8.2
PH 8.2
Temp 78.7f

OP
OP
S

smokingReefer420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, nitrate was 2 and my phosphate was .12 but my calcium is a little low at 380. Dosing now and doing water change today my fear and stipulation of what happened was my dip water got cold and was a lot lower of a temperature as it was only a half a gallon of water and it sat out for an hour before I dipped the coral which went from warm the cold back to warm again finally again in the tank. With this cause this type of issue shock? I’m boiling it down to either temperature shock or it was stung by a LPS.

OP
OP
S

smokingReefer420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed reef chili and gave some amino acids to recover what the birds nest looks like today 6 days later.

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpeg
    IMG_0348.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 10

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back