PLEASE HELP

cowboyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fairly new I bought two clown fish from a wack fish store and I’m thinking they came sick so they’d both died but now my damsels are showing white spots on the fins and I’m not sure if it’s lympho or ich or velvet can someone please help me here are some pictures
IMG_5275.jpeg

IMG_5271.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, welcome to Reef2Reef!

That does look like Lymphocystis on the damselfish. That is a virus diseases that will go away by itself in a month or so, but it may look worse before it gets better.

Velvet would cause very rapid breathing.

I can't tell you why the clownfish died, but it may have been aggression from the damselfish, damselfish are hardy, but very mean.

Jay

OP
OP
C

cowboyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That does look like Lymphocystis on the damselfish. That is a virus diseases that will go away by itself in a month or so, but it may look worse before it gets better.

I can't tell you why the clownfish died, but it may have been aggression from the damselfish, damselfish are hardy, but very mean.

Jay
Okay, thank you for easing my worries.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Jay
@Jay Hemdal Do you see some smaller white spots on the body on the black just in front of the dorsal fin? To the OP - did you QT/treat your fish with medication? Agree there is lymphocystis

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal Do you see some smaller white spots on the body on the black just in front of the dorsal fin? To the OP - did you QT/treat your fish with medication? Agree there is lymphocystis

I see those, but just figured they were missing/dislodged scales? They seem too diffuse to be ich, but the photos are pretty fuzzy.

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the fin damage on top it looks like the clowns may have been beating him up.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I see Lympho all the way and with good diet and water quality, the substance which is viral and not parasitic will fall off on its own

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back