Plumbing

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to plumb a 75 gallon tank. I’m wanting to do black and red for the pvc. Can I spray paint the pvc? Also any tips for making it look sleek and fancy looking?

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4308.jpeg

WestMI-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I painted all my pvc plumbing. Sand with fine grit, just to rough up the surface for a better bond. Clean the dust, I like to use alcohol and a rag as this cleans/preps the surface. Spray lightly, use multiple coats to avoid runs. Most spray paints will be reef-safe.

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice setup, how do you like the eshopps overflow?
Thank you. So far I’ve only really tested it a little bc I’m running a canister filter until I get my power heads put in. It was easy to set up though. Only minor complaint I have is that the lid on it warps from humidity, which I was kind of surprised with as it’s all acrylic - but I guess acrylic does warp. It’s difficult to notice though, so minor complaint. Otherwise it’s been working very well

OP
OP
F

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I painted all my pvc plumbing. Sand with fine grit, just to rough up the surface for a better bond. Clean the dust, I like to use alcohol and a rag as this cleans/preps the surface. Spray lightly, use multiple coats to avoid runs. Most spray paints will be reef-safe.
Awesome, thank you. Planning to do a in tank bean animal over flow. Will look like this when done. Thank you for the help.
IMG_3908.jpeg

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 45 29.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 32 20.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back