PO4 Dosing Questions

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a fuge and now my P04 has been stripped from my tank. I got a bottle of NeoPhos to bring my P04 levels up but I am not sure with a product like this, a.) what to bring my P04 levels to? B.) how slowly should I raise my P04 levels?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course lower your fuges ability to mop up nutrients, less macro, less lit time, and phosphate in the 0.05ppm -.1ppm is good mixed reef, a bit higher in softies dominant tank.

Phosphate levels are a bit hard to read except the Hanna measuring phosphorus in PPB, an excellent test IME.

Me, I just bump say 25% every second day and test in between, so on target within a week. Not sure that’s necessary but I like slow.

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course lower your fuges ability to mop up nutrients, less macro, less lit time, and phosphate in the 0.05ppm -.1ppm is good mixed reef, a bit higher in softies dominant tank.

Phosphate levels are a bit hard to read except the Hanna measuring phosphorus in PPB, an excellent test IME.

I was thinking about the fuge, I did it to help expand a pod population and stabilize my PH. just added pods I bought from algae barn so I dont want to pull any of the cheato for a bit to let the population grow. I also dont want to shorten my light cycle to maintain my PH. I have been chasing stable PH for so long and now I have it stable by staging in between 8.2-8.23 for 24 hour cycles and I have contributed that to adding the fuge. I figured p04 dosing was my best solution.

Also I am using a Hanna checker. No other way to go if you ask me!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back