OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only imagine how many I must have in the whole system, if anyone is in Central Connecticut PM me and I'll scoop some out for you, free of charge.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

:eek:Got pods?:confused::D

Thats crazy awesome , you should gather them all up and leave em in bucket, everytime i take my socks out i feel horrible mass murdering all of them. I started throwing all my dirty socks in a bucket with old water change water for a week before i clean them so i dont feel as bad lolol

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of pods are they?
Amphipod

Critter Category:
Pods
Pods? What are pods? They are tiny little bugs that fish consume as part of their normal diet. Mandarins, Wrasses and more enjoy these delicate crustaceans. In a well established refugium, you should see many pods scurrying around. This is anAmphipod, which is recognized by its shrimp-like shape. Copepods are straight in shape, and look like tiny bugs. Amphipods are much easier to see. Reef-safe.

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats crazy awesome , you should gather them all up and leave em in bucket, everytime i take my socks out i feel horrible mass murdering all of them. I started throwing all my dirty socks in a bucket with old water change water for a week before i clean them so i dont feel as bad lolol
Just put them all back in, just felt wrong to get rid of them.:(

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some look to be about a half inch or or slightly larger. Still really can't believe the numbers I'm seeing.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just put them all back in, just felt wrong to get rid of them.:(
your tanks having a pod apocalypse lololol after a while ill take the pods out my bucket and put them in my nano for my mandarin but mann your right, i can only imagine how many are in your tank

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brewman1987 you rock bro!!! I'll take you up on that offer.

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah forgot to mention I change out my filter socks every three days, so if anybody wants them just PM me... Haha

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish you were closer...I would take some off your hands. That's crazy.

Ryengoth

I wish I was in St John USVI
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure to dose phyto or reef snow once a week. Those pods will keep your mechanical filters squeaky clean. Also, try to move a bunch of them to the DT with the lights off. They'll also help keep your rocks clean of detritus and that will help keep your PO4 down regardless of your feeding habits. They're eating machines. LOL I have some in my sump that are almost 1/2" now. Keep the same feeding cycle and amounts or they'll starve if you don't supplement with phyto.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back