Pods

the schwartz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I add pods at start of cycle so that I can have a steady population for when I add fish? What is a good brand for pods?
Thanks

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What will they eat at the start.
Get them with phyto as a combo. They’ll happily eat that. Reef Nutrition offers a product called RG+ which is basically jazzed up phyto also. But I’d go with Dinkins now that I’ve started using them

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think after the nitrogen cycle is complete with your lights off, it would be a good time to add pods after your lights go on so that they will be able to forage for organics which are photosynthetic.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure you can, they are very hardy, they can survive a cycle, and it does the tank no harm to add them whenever you want as much as you want.

However, you should understand what they are, what they do, and how they multiply, or else your just wasting money, pods are very expensive.

Brooklands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I add pods at start of cycle so that I can have a steady population for when I add fish? What is a good brand for pods?
Thanks
Get some good live rock. Thats your bet at we establishing a population. Make sure you have lots of spots for them to hide and breed. Even in a 80 gallon, a small filefish can eat an entire population in a small period of time, so your fish choice will be key.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 100 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.3%
Back