• Other or None

Results are only viewable after voting.

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious. It is interesting to see. What are you doing with the every hour data
I am not doing it every hour, but the unit will allow every hour running, if you need to dial in a doser or reactor that would be ideal. I learned a lot about my tank and consumption needs from running every 2 hours in the beginning.

My tank didnt consume much alk when the lights came on and only really consumed more than expected right at dusk/lights off for 3 hours. Im heavy SPS but some LPS in the tank too.

My tank crashed back in march for unknown reasons and that was the selling point for me, alk has been super stable since june for me now and its really paying off!

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you have your CaRx working with your alkatronic?

Corey
The best way imo is to let your ph controller or apex handle your calcium reactors solenoid (so it operates fully independently) and then plug your feed pump into the alkatronic bluetooth outlet. If your dkH goes too low the alkatronic will dose carbonate, if it goes too high it will shut off your feed pump and re-test every 2 hours until it falls back in line before turning it back on. If this happens often just adjust your calcium reactor.

The alkatronic should just be used as a fail safe (and for testing obviously), not the primary control method for your dKH. The more it has to intervene and test the more wear and tear there is on the alkatronic. Also using it in that fashion essentially removes one layer of redundancy, because if the alkatronic fails then your dKH goes out of whack. If you use the alkatronic to dial in your primary control method so it doesnt need to intervene on a regular basis, then both your primary dosing method and the alkatronic would have to fail simultaneously for your dKH to get out of whack.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back