Poly-Filter

kevinreefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 2 months ago my tank was fish only and add added coppersafe to treat ick. This was done thinking we weren’t going to get into corals for at least another year. With that being said I now know copper is extremely horrible for coral since adding a few pieces about 2 weeks ago.

I have added cuprisorb into my filter socks and then added a poly-filter over top with lots of water flow. Within 24 hours it’s definitely turned aqua in color showing signs of copper in the system. I have done several large water changes and a few smaller ones here and there since the whole coppersafe treatment. How long should I expect that copper will be reduced to a safe level and I can start adding in some coral without it dying within 12 hours? All my other parameters are in good shape other than some higher phosphate which the poly-filter should reduce also. The only thing that has survived that’s copper sensitive over the last week is a cleaner shrimp and a hammer coral and the hammer coral looks a lot better than it did 12 hours ago.
Trying to be patient but too darn excited to get some beautiful corals in the tank!!

Hope to hear from those that might have had some similar experiences but all information and knowledge will be more than appreciated!

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting rid of copper isn’t easy. I’ve never had to do it but I think it can be done.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back