"popeye"

eatmoreyeah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've got a Lineatus and 2 Flasher wrasses currently in my QT.

Unfortunately, the Lineatus has one buldging eye which is clear. Can I use both Epsom Salt and Prazipro at the same time?

If the Epsom Salt works would Melafix, which I have on hand be sufficient for bacterial infection or would Erythromycin be the better option?

Thanks.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use both Epsom Salt and Prazipro at the same time?

Yes

If the Epsom Salt works would Melafix, which I have on hand be sufficient for bacterial infection or would Erythromycin be the better option?

Sometimes Melafix works to treat minor infections, but for eye infections Erythromycin is generally the ABX of choice.

Borg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when using Epsom salts, do I just dump the salt into the tank or do I need to mixed with tank water then dump it into the tank?

I have a 180 gallon, I'm thinking about starting slow with 1 teaspoon/ 5 gallon

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when using Epsom salts, do I just dump the salt into the tank or do I need to mixed with tank water then dump it into the tank?

I have a 180 gallon, I'm thinking about starting slow with 1 teaspoon/ 5 gallon

Dump it in the sump (away from the return pump), or mix in a cup if adding directly to the aquarium.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back