Potential treatment for dinos?

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried almost everything, from increasing temperatures to 28 °C to UV, increased nutrients etc. The only thing that killed Amphidinium in my case was silicate dosing, and a final blackout once they were almost gone. 3 months of battle solved in 3 weeks once I started dosing silicate. Since then I kept dosing Si in low amounts (0.2 ppm/day). I suspect that what you observed is not the direct effect of temperature but the increase in micro-organisms abundance caused by higher temperatures and bacteria/Si dosing.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
138044A4-EAD9-4A84-91E9-4A79EF256B0D.jpeg
I tried almost everything, from increasing temperatures to 28 °C to UV, increased nutrients etc. The only thing that killed Amphidinium in my case was silicate dosing, and a final blackout once they were almost gone. 3 months of battle solved in 3 weeks once I started dosing silicate. Since then I kept dosing Si in low amounts (0.2 ppm/day). I suspect that what you observed is not the direct effect of temperature but the increase in micro-organisms abundance caused by higher temperatures and bacteria/Si dosing.

:)

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back