Power Cord Grommet

ReefDreamz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I'm not exactly sure what its called but I am looking for wall mountable power cord grommets for running power cords through holes in a surface. Needs to be large enough to fit a standard 3 prong plug through. Something waterproof or water resistant is prefered. Image below is just an example. Has anyone found a really nice solution?
gt001-rb.jpg

OP
OP
ReefDreamz

ReefDreamz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used these on my stand a few times. Semi rigid but holds up great.

HYCC 5 Pack 2 Inch Flexible Desk Grommet,Organize Wires and Cables on Office Equipment, Computer Components, Entertainment Systems Effectively - Color: Black

Thank you! I was hoping there was some other option out there that is more waterproof than this style of grommet. Something like this?

1639324361791.png

OP
OP
ReefDreamz

ReefDreamz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They exist, but your going to pay for them. Look up marine application grommets, if you want a 100% seal. What are you trying to do?
It's kind of hard to explain but its for routing power cords for equipment coming from my sump (return pumps, heaters, skimmer, etc.) through a PVC panel. The power cords will run from the sump, through the grommet in the PVC panel, through holes in the 2x6 studs, then pop out through the back of the adjoining wall PVC panel and plugged into an 832. The rectangle in the wall above the grommets is an "access door" I will cut out of the PVC panel then reattach either with screws or hinges so I can access the area inside the wall where the cords will be running.

Picture1.jpg

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to Lowes and look near where they have tv cable equipment. They sell something like what you want for those who want to want to hide tv cables inside of walls.

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I use. Have like 10 different kinds. Great guy to deal with.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back