Power Filter in an AIO

stnc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've got a WB50 AIO Peninsula, and my current filter chamber has an inTank Holder, Filter Floss, MetaSorb, SeaGel, Chemi-Pure Elite.

I JUST got a Tunze Multifilter 3168, and the thought is to replace the inTank Holder and Filter Floss with that, while I'll keep the SeaGel and Chemi-Pure at the bottom (as well as the MetaSorb for 10 days) so it will still pass through as it moves to the skimmer chamber.

My water is pretty good, though I think a powerfilter could help polish it off, and it will obviously fit in the chamber sideways. However, before I unwrap the Tunze and remove the ability to return it, I wanted to get everyone's opinion of if that's overkill? Has anyone done this or something similar?

OP
OP
stnc

stnc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never thought of trying something like this in my nano tanks, but in theory it should work. Just make sure your return pump can keep up with the extra flow or you could overflow the sump.
And it should further improve water quality, right? The setup is worth it?

As for the pump, it should be, it’s running at 50% and that’s after it goes though the skimmer (setup is Chamber 1: Filter > Chamber 2: Skimmer > Chamber 3: UV & SDC 3.0 Return Pump)
9FE9B9D5-78D0-444A-9DB3-5C566B76900C.png

OP
OP
stnc

stnc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In theory, yes - but to be completely honest this isn't something I've ever tried. I'd hang onto your InTank basket just in case you're not happy with the performance of the Tunze.
Got it! Everything is in and setup so we’ll see how it goes over the next few days.

Back