• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

PPRPE's and Candy Apple Reds Wanted...

DaveJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I'm looking for good sized frags or small colonies of these to round out my collection. If you have some for sale, please let me know and we can discuss prices.

Thanks.

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Dave! I am sure someone here has them and can get some to you. Welcome to CZ!

OP
OP
D

DaveJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yeah someone contacted me about th Candy Apple Reds already, but it looks like those PPRPE's will take a bit more time.

OP
OP
D

DaveJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep... I missed out on Gadgets colony by a hair when I got some other colonies from him. Since then I have seen a single polyp on Ebay and that was it.

Still... there has got to be people who have em, its just getting them to let them go or share :)

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure someone has them. It took me a while to get them so wait it out. i'm sure you'll have a few in your tank soon!

BTW how are the colonies you got from me? Any updated pics?

OP
OP
D

DaveJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I'm patient.... and persistent!

Here are some shots from a Tank Tour my local reef club put together, my house was on the tour. Look for the posts with DaveJ's tanks and such. Thread isn't that long but has a lot of photos in it.

http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=33451&highlight=

You can see some of yours in there, namely the Nukes and Wines. The AOIs and AOG's are not that visible, but you can spot them if you remember what they looked like :)

As far as how they are doing... AOI's are doing well, they changed color slightly in my tank, taking on more of a beige/grey instead of the steel grey but are happy and spreading. The AOG's are doing quite well actually. They had a rough start and a few of the larger polyps had some coloration issues, namely the orange ended up all funky looking like someone ran a stick through wet paint. They are all fully open and getting long skirts now and the color is going back to normal. The nukes have done great since day 1 and have added a bud or two. The wines are coloring up nicely and doing well, fully open all the time but I haven't seen any buds on it yet. Probably just a matter of time. I am going to raise it up in the tank a bit and see if the added light stimulates it more.

All in all, they are doing quite well and I am pleased with them.

I am sure someone has them. It took me a while to get them so wait it out. i'm sure you'll have a few in your tank soon!

BTW how are the colonies you got from me? Any updated pics?

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!!! You have a beautiful reef! it's nice to see my corals went to the right place. i know they will do well for you. good luck on your search.

OP
OP
D

DaveJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.. things have come a long nicely since I the re-design of the system.

Chad, that is fine.. just put me in the front of the line for them (if no one else is yet) and drop me a note when you are set to do it. I typically like 4-8 polyp frags if I can manage it.

ct_vol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
davej_fragtank2.jpg

I see a few of my frags there... lol Glad to see they're doing well for you... Good luck in your search, wish I could help you more... ;)

OP
OP
D

DaveJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL yeah just a few.... those tubs I mentioned are the back left there..... Just about everything I got from you, Gadgets and Pazazz has survived well. I think between you and the packs/colonies I got from them I lost maybe 3 frags total. There was a green one I got from you I think, possible sour apples or something like that?? Anyway, they didn't make it. But the important ones did... the Lunars, PPE's, Jokers etc.

OP
OP
D

DaveJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay Candy Apples are taken care of..... as well a couple of others I had been thinking about...:D

Still looking for the PPRPE's....

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 2 polyp frag of the original PPRPE from Duane. I was holding off for trades, but I might end up selling it if the price is right.

I'll have to take some updated pics, but here's some older ones of the frag:

Far right
IMG_3272.jpg

Middle frag
130_3095.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DaveJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great... well let me know what you're looking for either in trade or $$ via PM and we will go from there.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 181 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back