Praziquantel Source Question

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that liquid praziquantel under the brand named Prazipro is easier to administer than the powdered forms. Specifically to your question, I am not familiar with that brand. Suggest you do a Google search for it to see if any feedback is out there.

Jason_MrFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I usually use Powered as liquid can cause algae bloom with used with Chloroquine.
Powdered from national fish pharmaceutical/Aka Fishman Chemical

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looking for a good sourced praziquantel, have you heard of these two companies or know if its any good?

@Jay Hemdal @vetteguy53081

Ive heard of Koi farms and this has similar ingredients to praziquantel but I have not seen data/feedback for marine use. These powdered mixes are not easily soluble to liquid and must be mixed well before application, reason Hikari adds glycol. You can add vodka to help dissolve for mix

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered bulk prazi from Fishman Chemical, but it’s been a few years.

Prazipro is pretty good, but can get expensive. The glycol solvent adds extra nutrients.
Beware using ethanol as a solvent - Ive killed fish doing that, it serves as a carbon source for heterotrophic bacteria and those strip the oxygen out pretty fast. If you try that, use the absolute least amount as you can, with strong aeration.
I disperse powdered prazi through a fine mesh baby brine shrimp net, wearing gloves, I mush it through the net with tank water.
Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back