"Pre-Treat" Puffer?

RMAS0934

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Has anyone ever had any experience with, or have an opinion on pre-treating puffers for internal parasites by using fenbendazole when putting in tank? I have my first tank set-up and running nicely now, and plan on adding a dogface puffer and clown trigger over the next few weeks and it seems like I've read in three or four different places now to give the dogface some food laced with fenbendazole to prevent parasites after purchase. Thoughts?

OP
OP
RMAS0934

RMAS0934

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I still have a little time before I get the little guy, but I like to be prepared...and wonder if it's really necessary do to that...

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I answered this in an identical thread.

OP
OP
RMAS0934

RMAS0934

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, thank you Melypr! That was the first post and I thought I had hit cancel as I figured this was the better forum for the question. So sorry. New to the forum (and saltwater) and still trying to figure my way around! Sorry for the questions, but with the Prazi are you referring to Hikari Prazipro? And the TTM would be? Thank you for your help! :)

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Questions arn't a problem at all..... keep asking them!
Yes this is prazipro and is ideal for treating for any kind of flat worm....flukes, internal worms ect.
81wHcG1lu5L._SL1500_.jpg

TTM is Tank Transfer Method... Here's more info on that. http://reef2reef.com/threads/spars-tank-transfer-method.209690/

Bpultz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my little green spotted puffer in my reef tank I treated him with prazipro because my previous one was riddled with internal parasites

OP
OP
RMAS0934

RMAS0934

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for directing me to that article! It was very interesting and I like that method as opposed chemicals. So would I use TTM with all new fish purchased? Or just fish that seem sick, and use just the Prazi on all new new fish?

omykiss001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for directing me to that article! It was very interesting and I like that method as opposed chemicals. So would I use TTM with all new fish purchased? Or just fish that seem sick, and use just the Prazi on all new new fish?

Best to treat all new fish for both parasites ( prazipro) and TTM to prevent marine ich

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i agree with omykiss..... treat all new fish before adding to the DT.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back