Prime and Amguard used with or without what medications?

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
morning.. ok.. so Humblefish and some others here.. as you may recall I have a QT routine of doing TTM with all my new fish. I was doing TTM at hypo at 1.009. with TTM daily not just 3 or 4 times over 15 days.

I think that 1.009 might be to hard on some fish .. so I am doing TTM now at 1.015. not sure if it provides any really relief at that level.. but does help with cost of salt.

Currently doing a QT with some angles in a 20 gallon tub.. So moving fish from 20 gallon to 20 gallon every morning or evening depending on my schedule. new heaters and airstones everytime. TTM for ick issues. General Cure for flukes and internal parasites.

I like to do two - three rounds of General Cure. So over the 15 day TTM on day 2 and day 4 I do General Cure for 24 hours and on day 11 I do General Cure.

I think with this large angel. Even with a 20 gallon every 24 yours the ammonia might be an issue would like to use Amguard. Rate of 1 ML for the 10 gallons. So.. question. Any issues with this. I recall reading Prime should NOT be used with what again.. Amguard is very similar to Prime from seachem. I cant find Humblefish sticky that referred to that issue. Thanks

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's definitely a no-no with any copper based product, and I've read negative anecdotal experiences of mixing an ammonia reducer with Prazipro. But other than that, I really don't know.

I personally won't mix any water conditioner with any medication for fear of the unknown negative interaction it might cause. ;)

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's definitely a no-no with any copper based product, and I've read negative anecdotal experiences of mixing an ammonia reducer with Prazipro. But other than that, I really don't know.

I personally won't mix any water conditioner with any medication for fear of the unknown negative interaction it might cause. ;)

+1 My sentiments exactly.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 70 40.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 88 50.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back