Profilux Programmable Logic Usage & Examples

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help with a program for a switch channel that controls my O3.
I want it to be related to and based on the state my skimmer is in.

I have the skimmer controlled by PL G1:
Input: Filter 1 (this is for a feed pause)
Time on: Delay ON
This turns the skimmer off on a feed pause. But it only works for Feed Pause 1 even though I have filter off on all 4 feed pauses.

I have the ozone controlled by gate PL G2:
Input 1: Redox 1 Control Upward
Input 2: PL G1
Function: AND
This turns the ozone off when the skimmer is off for a feed pause, or if the Redox is nominal.
What has me stumped, I also want the O3 switch channel to switch off if I manually turn off the skimmer.

So in trying to have the O3 turn OFF when turn off the skimmer so I created PL G3, I had Input PL G2, but where do I go from here?
Also why doesn't the skimmer turn off with feed pause 2-4?
TIA

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have examples of what you did on the orange a gray?

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have examples of what you did on the orange a gray?
This is the code for the O3 outlet.

Fallback OFF
If ORP > 400 Then OFF
If ORP < 375 Then ON
If Output COR_Skimmer Percent < 50 Then OFF
If Power Apex Off 008 Then OFF

I'm running COR20 on my Lifereef skimmer at 100%, and it will allow you to shut an outlet off based on a %.
So once the COR20 get below 50% the outlet for the O3 shuts off.
The same will happen if I turn the skimmer OFF manually.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Why does not skimmer turn out feed pause 2-4.

It looks like filter numbering is hard coded to feed pause numbering. Feed pause 1 seems only effect filter 1, feed pause 2 only effect filter 2 and so on. You need to do 3 PL in order to shout down your skimmer for every feed pause. And now the first time I not really understand the programming language. Logical for me is to use the "or" command Like G4= filter 1 or filter 2; G5 = filter 3 or filter 4 and finally - the main gate G6 = G4 or G5. But it DOES not work that way in this case and I do not understand why. But - if you use the "and" command - it works. G4= filter1 and filter2; G5 = filter3 and filter4 and finally G6 = G4 and G5. Now it works whatever feed pause you use - the socket for the skimmer shout down if you have G6 as one parametre.

2) I have not tested your G1 and G2 but if you want a virtual button for shout down - try to take one of your maintenance function (buttons) for this

G1 should be input G6
Delay on

G2 as you have it

G3 should be G2 and maintenance x (inverted)

If you want a physical button - you need a digital input in order to shout down the skimmer (and the O3 simultaneously)

G3 in that case - G2 and digital input x (if it should be inverted or not depends on if you use a closing or opening switch)

I have not tested all of this - maybe it works - the G6 have I tested - it works. G6 and maintenance x (inverted works too. If G2 works - I have not test

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot - you must have skimmer and ozone in different sockets - you need to mark the skimmers socket to off in your used maintenance program too

Sincerely Lasse

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the code for the O3 outlet.

Fallback OFF
If ORP > 400 Then OFF
If ORP < 375 Then ON
If Output COR_Skimmer Percent < 50 Then OFF
If Power Apex Off 008 Then OFF

GHL does not monitor power and allow us to cut the power off based on a %. So I want to start there so that that is know.

Fallback On and Off is programmed per switch port in the system PAB configuration area :) Simple no coding needed it a checkbox on or off for each switchport.

ORP easily done, we could set up a virtual probe, place a Hysteresis on it and based on that results have the port turn on and off based on the ORP value. Apex uses a value for On and Off, GHL uses the Nominal Value and the Hysterics of that value for on and off.

For outlet 8 what turns off outlet 8?

Piero65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everybody, I am new and from France and I have some difficulties with my GHL. there is no notice on programming and generally in German or English so not so easy :) so I need help:

When I do my maintenance: Water change (not automatic) I made the change by myself.

I have on my profilux 4:
Socket 1: Osmolator
Socket 2: return Pump
Socket 3: Skimmer
Socket 4: pump refugium

I would like when I make my maintenance (Water change) so when I click on maintenance to have:
1/ everything shut off
when I click maintenance off :
2/ Return pump + Pump refugium ON,
3/ skimmer and osmolator ON with a delay of 5minutes

would be great!!!

I am not familiar with that so I wait for easy info :)
thank you

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Piero65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super! Thank you for that it works ! Good topic!

Dis you create other programme to manage your tank ?

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there any way to turn a switch channel off if another switch channel is off say on switch 1 is a chiller and switch 2 is a chiller feed pump. I don’t want the chiller to ever run if the chiller feed pump is off. That’s just a basic example not sure I’d really need it with the P4. I don’t see where you could accidentally turn off an outlet, but hey. Throwing it out there.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way to turn a switch channel off if another switch channel is off say on switch 1 is a chiller and switch 2 is a chiller feed pump. I don’t want the chiller to ever run if the chiller feed pump is off. That’s just a basic example not sure I’d really need it with the P4. I don’t see where you could accidentally turn off an outlet, but hey. Throwing it out there.
Sure.
You don't even need PL to do this.

Just assign the chiller feed pump outlet to the same function as the chiller. When the temperature is low enough, both the chiller and feed pump will turn OFF.

tkdman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having trouble with some logic.
I have my skimmer controlled via L2 as a stream pump. I want it to turn off at a specific ph. No its not plugged into one of the switchable outlets. NONE OF THE LOGIC is working.
I decided to not plug it into the switchable outlet since i can control its speed and on off for maintenance and feeding all through the 1-10v stream group.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´m sorry to say - they have not included the program logic features with 1-10 V. As you I wish they will do that. I have exactly the same set up - I want my skimmer to shout down between the pH of 8.22 and 8.30 (run below 8.22 and over 8.30) First I configure my pH probe (in my case pH 2) in this way

screenshot.PNG

After this I did a virtual pH probe based on pH2 and configure like this

screenshot 001.PNG

Now programmable logic

screenshot 002.PNG

For this to work - you have to put the skimmer in a switchable outlet

I use s14

screenshot 003.PNG

I still use my 1-10 V for maintenance event (I have one maintenance that affect my return pump and my skimmer when I feed. I want my return pump to slow down and that my skimmer works at 40 % when I feed late night.

If you do this in the easy way - just use control behavior to be two position. But I know a way to logg if the skimmer is working or not (only usable for P4) - please comeback if you want to know that trick

Sincerely Lasse

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´m sorry to say - they have not included the program logic features with 1-10 V. As you I wish they will do that. I have exactly the same set up - I want my skimmer to shout down between the pH of 8.22 and 8.30 (run below 8.22 and over 8.30) First I configure my pH probe (in my case pH 2) in this way

screenshot.PNG

After this I did a virtual pH probe based on pH2 and configure like this

screenshot 001.PNG

Now programmable logic

screenshot 002.PNG

For this to work - you have to put the skimmer in a switchable outlet

I use s14

screenshot 003.PNG

I still use my 1-10 V for maintenance event (I have one maintenance that affect my return pump and my skimmer when I feed. I want my return pump to slow down and that my skimmer works at 40 % when I feed late night.

If you do this in the easy way - just use control behavior to be two position. But I know a way to logg if the skimmer is working or not (only usable for P4) - please comeback if you want to know that trick

Sincerely Lasse
I'd be interested in the logging setup.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK

With the last update - you have 32 dosing pumps. With the update before - it is possible to log dosing pumps! With a update many years ago - it is possible to let a switch manage the dosing pump function in P4. Put this together and - voila.

I create a "virtual dosing pump" with help of Dosing pump 32. Capacity 30 000 ml Flow rate 1ml/min, record dosing and pumps react to switch 14 (my outlet for the skimmer pump. Can be heater or whatever you want to monitor. Save and thats all.

But - there is a bug into the logging function if a pump run for to long time - so you can´t use on/of regulation in the probe - need to use program variable. For my skimmer - 10 minutes on (max) and 1 minute off. Works in most cases but get sometimes odd graphics but the total amount will be right. In the graph below - you can see my ph curve for last day. Small bars is when my alk pump is working the other bars is when my skimmer was working.

screenshot 009.PNG

screenshot 008.PNG

And remember - flow rate 1ml/minute - so read 1 ml as 1 minute

Sincerely Lasse

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, very neat. Thanks!

It seems that this would be another thing that would be helped by the ability to log and chart socket outputs! Hopefully soon for that.

Cheers, Tony

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Automatically dose Coral Aminos during a Feed Pause? Running the Profilux 4 and 2.1 Slave doser. [Cross posting from GHL for Dummies thread]

I want to be able to automatically dose 6ml of coral aminos while my return pump and skimmer are off but while the gyre pumps are still running during a feed pause. If I dose on a set schedule but don't turn the skimmer off - it will remove the aminos from my system.

I will configure the Feed Pause #2 button for this function since I only want to dose the aminos every third day.

Programming advice sought. Still not fluent with the Programmable Logic configurations.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok im trying to understand.. right now tank only has 1 250w heater.. i just bought 2 200 watt jager heaters but havent plugged them in.. i plan on plugging them into the same outlet to control same settings.. but reading this about changing heater settings im kind of lost.. my outlet is set tot two position controller 77.2 \ .3* hyst.

my data looks like this...

should i do the pulse settings?

Attachments

• ghl heater.jpg
    ghl heater.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 50

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In C it is 0.15 degrees difference - I have around the same - 0.1 degree C - I´m using pulse adjustable mode

Last Week

1616061841901.png

1616061919168.png

I also use a virtual probe that manage my chilling fans with a 1-10 V signal. It will kick in if my temperature gets above 25,3 degree C

1616062256864.png

I can have it to kick in earlier - I have not tested out the optimal configuration yet

Sincerely Lasse

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In C it is 0.15 degrees difference - I have around the same - 0.1 degree C - I´m using pulse adjustable mode

Last Week

1616061841901.png

1616061919168.png

I also use a virtual probe that manage my chilling fans with a 1-10 V signal. It will kick in if my temperature gets above 25,3 degree C

1616062256864.png

I can have it to kick in earlier - I have not tested out the optimal configuration yet

Sincerely Lasse
i guess when i go home ill be changing it to pulse variable and testing out your 4 min and 30 second pulse pause... see what it does.. i have GHL fans that go on if it gets above a certain temp as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back