Prophetic dreams and missing clown fish

Ireland.Escada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,
Last night I had a dream that some evil black fish (a new purchase) snapped up and ate my female clown fish. I woke up to find her missing. She was the big queen in the tank. I just seen her yesterday looking bossy and prim.

could the bubble tip taken her? Last night he looked deflated and just before I feel sleep he was wrapping himself up like he normally does. I also fed him sliver fish on Saturday. His feeding day. When I got him he was pretty white. The LFS even said they would take him back if he died. For several months I have been learning and taking care of him. She was also pretty big. Is that even possible?

and, there is no body

I have: clowns, 1 Dwarf angelfish, 1 damsel, 4 carnals, knottyback and a blenny. There is a starfish (small) 2 emerald crabs

should I do a large water change? I usually change 5 gal per week.

2CBBECCF-4DD6-4BA9-B8B3-CD9BA33843F9.jpeg
3A736A43-FA33-490D-AC86-2D4EF9DDC960.jpeg

LandLockedJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would find it unlikely that the clown was eaten, however, I also would not find it impossible.

Symbiotic relationships usually have rare situations where the host will feed on its symbionts when it deems it necessary for survival. But I have not specifically heard of this regarding clowns and bta’s. And as stated, would be highly unusual for a healthy fish to get eaten.

When I bought one of my clowns from a petco she dove under a rock in the tank to hide from the net. The kid catching her lifted the rock to find her, and another clown I had not seen in the tank yet. Literally wedge between a rock and the sand. I had been there watching the fish I wanted for a good half hour or better.

Maybe she is just hiding? RTaylor brings up a good point. Might take a look behind the tank.

oceancowboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen a BT take a clown. I also work with our local non-profit aquarium...they have never seen that happen. I'd go with hiding or look in the overflow, etc. Maybe she got trapped somewhere. None of your other fish are aggressive enough to hurt it.

OP
OP
Ireland.Escada

Ireland.Escada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would find it unlikely that the clown was eaten, however, I also would not find it impossible.

Symbiotic relationships usually have rare situations where the host will feed on its symbionts when it deems it necessary for survival. But I have not specifically heard of this regarding clowns and bta’s. And as stated, would be highly unusual for a healthy fish to get eaten.

When I bought one of my clowns from a petco she dove under a rock in the tank to hide from the net. The kid catching her lifted the rock to find her, and another clown I had not seen in the tank yet. Literally wedge between a rock and the sand. I had been there watching the fish I wanted for a good half hour or better.

Maybe she is just hiding? RTaylor brings up a good point. Might take a look behind the tank.
I would think it impossible with my lids, but there is about a 2 inch space on one part of the tank. I will look when I get back home. I have canister and every pipe has either very small openings or mesh over them. Thank you for your help.

Tomsimtim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,
Last night I had a dream that some evil black fish (a new purchase) snapped up and ate my female clown fish. I woke up to find her missing. She was the big queen in the tank. I just seen her yesterday looking bossy and prim.

could the bubble tip taken her? Last night he looked deflated and just before I feel sleep he was wrapping himself up like he normally does. I also fed him sliver fish on Saturday. His feeding day. When I got him he was pretty white. The LFS even said they would take him back if he died. For several months I have been learning and taking care of him. She was also pretty big. Is that even possible?

and, there is no body

I have: clowns, 1 Dwarf angelfish, 1 damsel, 4 carnals, knottyback and a blenny. There is a starfish (small) 2 emerald crabs

should I do a large water change? I usually change 5 gal per week.

2CBBECCF-4DD6-4BA9-B8B3-CD9BA33843F9.jpeg
3A736A43-FA33-490D-AC86-2D4EF9DDC960.jpeg
You said you have Starfish. Are they Serpent Stars. Mine has eaten two Lyretail Anthias, two cleaner shrimp and a fire shrimp. Cool as all to look at, but a very effective predator as well

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 176 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.9%
Back