Protecting fishroom floor?

coloradoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm designing a fishroom in my new place. (watch out for a build thread later) :) The house has hardwood floors, and I'm worried about damaging the floor with saltwater. I though about putting some cheap vinyl/linoleum down, but I'd like to avoid ruining the hardwood with an adhesive. This is a 10'x12' bedroom.

I've considered putting floating vinyl down, but that seems expensive, and I've also thought about just putting black plastic on the floor with some cinder-blocks in the corners, but I think it would be difficult to deal with.

Thoughts? What have you folks done to protect your floors from saltwater?

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I used underneath the rug that my tank sits on. Easy and no damage so far.

Windy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a deck on the back of my house with a finished room underneath. I covered the deck with roofing EDPM (less expensive than pond liner for some reason). The corners were folded so water could not escape and then glued down. You could do something similar if you buy the EDPM 6 to 12 inches bigger than the room. You could fold and glue the corners with out gluing anything to the walls or carpet. I don't know what you would do at the door to the room.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back