Protein skimmer won’t skim

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been 6 months and my protein skimmer just stop working properly . I took it out and cleaned it and still the same problem. I don’t have a recent picture but the water level will not go past the line shown in the picture no matter what adjustment or time period.

I had this protein skimmer for over a year and it worked flawless for 6 months and just stopped. Water level is correct and I let it “break in” for long enough.

Does this sound like a impeller problem?

IMG_0991.jpeg

Jrink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the same skimmer and had issues with mine yesterday . Pump and impeller were clean and working fine but weren’t making foam. I took it apart to clean again and noticed the little white nipple on the Venturi where the red air hose slips on had crap plugging it up so that it couldn’t pull air. Cleaned the little nugget out with a dental pick and it’s working like new again.

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the same skimmer and had issues with mine yesterday . Pump and impeller were clean and working fine but weren’t making foam. I took it apart to clean again and noticed the little white nipple on the Venturi where the red air hose slips on had crap plugging it up so that it couldn’t pull air. Cleaned the little nugget out with a dental pick and it’s working like new again.
thank you so much! this might be the problem!

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back