OP
OP
waxhawreefer

waxhawreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let those bacteria chow down. Run a skimmer and dose some vitamin c every day and that water will stay white and you will pull skim.

Once the work is done you will be very happy with the rock. I love it. Was it a pain to cycle, yes. Would I do it again and again? Yes, I would.
Thx for the words, my skimmer is running, no lights on, just gonna grin and bear it, I do have a new reactor ordered so gfo or another product to help also, funny story, I went to my local lfs and their new tank was whiter than mine, I guess ur cycling I said, it's been three weeks already and I'm tired of the white he said, you and me both, lmas!!

OP
OP
waxhawreefer

waxhawreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0908.JPG

I found this stuff in one of my bins, I use to use it three years ago with my first tank, not much left but I put in the max dose for my tank and it says it will lower the phosphates .5 which is allot but my tank measures .68, today I checked and they are .18 wow, stuff really works, I would never lower it that much if I had fish/corals in the tank but since it's still cycling what the heck, now I can tell how much the pukani is leaching, might try to find if they still sell this stuff!!
Go buy some NOPOx and dose that according to the directions. It will fuel the bacteria and help them eat all the NO3 and PO4. I'd also dose Brightwell's Microbacter7 it seems to be REALLY good at digesting the solid material/detritus than other bacteria in a bottles that I have tried. I would also take a powerhead with a hose on the end of it and blow all the stuff out of the holes in the rock every few days until junk stops coming out. It will take awhile. Once all the stuff is gone out of the rocks they will be beautiful. Expect cyano/algae if you have the lights on during this process. probably best to leave them out until the nutrients come down.

You're pods will be happy, they love feeding on the bacteria film that forms. You will likely have a soup of pods before you know it. My tank went through the same thing. In the long run you will be happy, you will have a very well established and powerful bacteria colony and a huge pod population.

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0908.JPG

I found this stuff in one of my bins, I use to use it three years ago with my first tank, not much left but I put in the max dose for my tank and it says it will lower the phosphates .5 which is allot but my tank measures .68, today I checked and they are .18 wow, stuff really works, I would never lower it that much if I had fish/corals in the tank but since it's still cycling what the heck, now I can tell how much the pukani is leaching, might try to find if they still sell this stuff!!

It's the same thing as Phosphate RX, lanthanum chloride. Yes it really works! It removes it very quickly almost instantly. It binds to the PO4 and it precipitates, use a filter sock or floss to remove it completely out of the system.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back