Purple Queen Anthias

Kruss7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a store near me that has tons of Purple Queen Anthias and selling for a decent price. I can visually watch some of them eating different frozen food and liquid foods.

I am debating buying some for my 220G peninsula which is currently empty and ready to start stocking. I have a setup to feed frozen food many times throughout the day with a dosing pump. My main concerns are the following

1. How many should I get?
2. For people that have had success getting them established do they kill eachother off?
3. How do they handle copper and other meds?
4. Is it best to put them in as my first group of fish before I start putting my more aggressive fish in from my other tanks? (Tank is all cycled media)

Anyone else who has successfully kept this please let me know how long you’ve kept them and any tips please!

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) get as many as you want
2) yes, without proper hiding places, they will set up a dominance hierarchy. Probably resulting in death of a few.
3) I am opposed to medicating fish that are not sick. My philosophy is to keep them fat and their immune systems healthy
4) please research the use of an acclimation box. It is the best way to introduce livestock.

Back