Pygmy cherub angel experience/thoughts..

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have a pygmy cherub angel that i purchased a month or so ago. she is probably my favorite fish, she is so cute! i knew when i got her that angels might pick at things and thought i would take my chances. so far she has been good and i havent noticed her pick at anything.

however with the reef --- soft corals, lps, and zoos i wonder if i might eventually have to take her out. the guy at the lfs realized i had her and said she might become a problem by picking at the zoos and corals.

just wondering if anyone here has one in their reef or has had one before and if they "behaved" in the reef or not???

thanks for the input !

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its depends i know some one who has had a flame angel in his sps/zoa dom reef for years. Hes very smart when it comes to this stuff, he said keep them well fed and problems should not a rise!

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well so far she has been good. she picks all over the live rock but havent seen her touch any of the corals. she is also a really good eater in the mornings with the frozen meaty foods. so hopefully she will continue to be good. :)
what exactly is sprulina? am i spelling that right? and is it good for the angel??

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, its a type of algea, very good, also try algea sheets, he told me he feeds his flame 3 times a day

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay ill do that. thanks! can i get the sprulina at the lfs??

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is their live sprulina that i can buy and leave peices of it in the tank for her??? instead of more frozen food. i was thinking maybe for some that i can leave in there

Back