Pygmy Coral Croucher Goby Question!

leilani908

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I'm brand new to the saltwater hobby and I'm interested in the Pygmy Coral Croucher Goby. I wanted to know what you guys thought? I know they need branching coral. What's an easy beginner branching coral I could get for them? I've heard Kenya Tree. What do you think? Thank you!

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly dont think these are the best choices for a new hobbyist. They are painfully shy and you will rarely see them, they will make a home in most anything, that really isnt a challenge. You will likely have to target feed them and honestly are a niche fish that very few find entertaining.

If you wanted an interesting entertaining fish similar, check out the hawkfishes. Just be aware of their potential aggression, and make sure your tank size is appropriate and other fish choices will be compatible.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two coral crouchers, I think. I got them several years ago when a neighbor tore down a nano. I put them In my 120 and never saw them again.

I upgraded to a larger tank a year ago, I never did see them during the transfer and I thought they were long gone. To my surprise I have seen them on two separate occasions in the new tank over the last year.

I love cryptic fish, but these guys are just too shy to be worth keeping IMO.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 152 76.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 20 10.1%
Back