Pyramid Butterfly fish

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Theyre excellent citizens, eat very well and rarely if ever bother coral. They can be very Pig-ish when it comes to feeding.

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs got a whole bunch yesterday I ran down today and picked up two

IMG_20200627_130131.jpg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good find these days— hard to come by. My advice is to really baby-them in QT and don’t put them into your DT until you know they are bullet proof. If they go into you DT super-healthy, they will likely stay that way. (Unless you follow it up with an Ich-ridden Damsel. Lol!)

Rudefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JumboShrimp, sorry to hear. i planned on getting a few pyramid butterfly and just wanted to make sure that if i treat with cupermine, that would note be the end. i really do not want to take the chance of just letting them sit in the QT for week and not treat them to just add to the DT and find out they have something. i am trying to find out the QT method along with medication for these butterflies if anyone can provide any guidance.

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JumboShrimp, sorry to hear. i planned on getting a few pyramid butterfly and just wanted to make sure that if i treat with cupermine, that would note be the end. i really do not want to take the chance of just letting them sit in the QT for week and not treat them to just add to the DT and find out they have something. i am trying to find out the QT method along with medication for these butterflies if anyone can provide any guidance.
I'm treating my pyramids with copper power at 1.9ppm tomorrow is my last dose of metro and ive been also treating them with furan-2 because when i first got them they got into a little fight in the QT and one of them took a nip out of the others fin and put a gash in its side so i didnt want it to turn into anything so ive been treating them with furan-2 for 4 days gonna do a 10 day course so far they are eating everything

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pyramids are good reef tank fish, along with the zoster (a close relative). They don’t ship all that well, but if you get a good batch they are very hardy. My first effort, many years ago, did not go well as all came in quite poorly. Second time, much better. Treatment for a bit of mouth damage, and I still have two of them 7 years later. Added two more plus a trio of zoster.

Rudefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm treating my pyramids with copper power at 1.9ppm tomorrow is my last dose of metro and ive been also treating them with furan-2 because when i first got them they got into a little fight in the QT and one of them took a nip out of the others fin and put a gash in its side so i didnt want it to turn into anything so ive been treating them with furan-2 for 4 days gonna do a 10 day course so far they are eating everything

Thanks for the insight. I have seachem cupermine but do not have copper power; therefore, I will start slowly so as not to shock their systems. I managed to get 4 of them from liveaquaria.com and will be ready to begin treatment in another few days. Someone told me that cupermine and prazi can be used at the same time but I do not know if I would want to take that chance with the pyramids.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 23 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 150 78.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 19 9.9%
Back