QD Plug Adapter

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I'm trying to make my maintenance routine a little easier...

I have a number of devices that are plugged in to my controller board on the OTHER side of the wall the tank sits against. This makes for a really clean look, BUT removing devices to clean them is a huge pain because I have to pull the cord back through the wall, then run it BACK through when I'm finished. Or just clean the device in place.

Is there a QD plug I can splice in-line a foot or two from the device itself so I can just disconnect it there instead of having to go through the hassle with the cord?

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm trying to make my maintenance routine a little easier...

I have a number of devices that are plugged in to my controller board on the OTHER side of the wall the tank sits against. This makes for a really clean look, BUT removing devices to clean them is a huge pain because I have to pull the cord back through the wall, then run it BACK through when I'm finished. Or just clean the device in place.

Is there a QD plug I can splice in-line a foot or two from the device itself so I can just disconnect it there instead of having to go through the hassle with the cord?

How are they plugged in - AC? DC? What connectors?

You can get your standard barrel jack power cord extenders which is a quick way to start.

OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How are they plugged in - AC? DC? What connectors?

You can get your standard barrel jack power cord extenders which is a quick way to start.

Just AC stuff for now. My DC stuff is newer and more expensive and I'm not sure I wanna void the warranty just yet :squinting-face-with-tongue:

The device that prompted this is a Sicce nano pump

OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can you specify what QD means in this context?

A connector I can splice in to the cord 12" or so before the device so I can unplug it and plug it back in easily there at the device rather than unplugging it from the controller board on the other side of the wall and running the entire cord back through the wall.

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The risk with AC is its a safety concern to deal with energized circuits, especially if the contact is close to the water side. There is a minimum distance here for manufacturers.

Hack off the AC cord to the short length you need, add back a standard NEMA connector (or a watertight twist lock or circular equivalent!), and use a short extension cord for each cable.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back