QT existing fish when upgrading tank

Tobias9413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am in the process of upgrading my tank and I removed my fish and set them in a separate tank. I’ve had them in a 10g tank with copper power at 2.5. I’ve done a 100% water change 4 days after adding the fish in and it has now been 8 days since I started the treatment. I was planning on doing another 100% water change but I am leaving on a work trip tomorrow and I worry I won’t be back in time to do another water change in 4 days.

I currently have 2 clowns, a bangai cardinal, and a chalk basslet in the tank. I’ve had all fish for 1 year and they never showed signs of ich or other diseases but I did not quarantine them initially when I added them to my original tank.

They are not showing any signs of diseases in the quarantine either and all are eating and swimming normally. Will I be okay to add them into my new tank after 8 days of copper at 2.5 or should I attempt to keep them in quarantine longer until 15 days?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello all,

I am in the process of upgrading my tank and I removed my fish and set them in a separate tank. I’ve had them in a 10g tank with copper power at 2.5. I’ve done a 100% water change 4 days after adding the fish in and it has now been 8 days since I started the treatment. I was planning on doing another 100% water change but I am leaving on a work trip tomorrow and I worry I won’t be back in time to do another water change in 4 days.

I currently have 2 clowns, a bangai cardinal, and a chalk basslet in the tank. I’ve had all fish for 1 year and they never showed signs of ich or other diseases but I did not quarantine them initially when I added them to my original tank.

They are not showing any signs of diseases in the quarantine either and all are eating and swimming normally. Will I be okay to add them into my new tank after 8 days of copper at 2.5 or should I attempt to keep them in quarantine longer until 15 days?
Technically you want them in QT 30 days with minimum at 14-21 days. I would keep them in Qt for at least another week to two and assure good water parameters before you depart.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 183 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back