Qt goby

Justmike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how would you do the 30 day qt for a goby . Before putting it in display tank ? Does qt need sand for goby ?

Thank you in advance

Mike

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Mike!

Depends on the goby ... that having been said, I've got a few gobies in my QT right now, and they're almost done with the process. Bare-bottom QT with plenty of various sizes of PVC piping, this is a 40Breeder. There's an Aqua-Clear 110 providing filtration, with a good-sized powerhead providing additional water movement and oxygenation. Currently in the tank are three blackray shrimp-gobies (Stonogobiops nematodes ... who names a fish after a family of worms?!), one female yellow watchman goby (She's gray. More misleading names!), and a yellowline cleaner goby.

They don't seem to require sand . . . Other gobies might.

~Bruce

OP
OP
J

Justmike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bruce thanks for letting me k ow , thinking of perhaps the yellow watchman goby

Mike

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mike! I agree with Maritimer. It would depend on the goby, but they don't usually need the sand for such a short amount of time. If he's super stressed out you could place a small container with dry, clean sand in it in the QT for him. It may help his stress level, but has never been needed for me.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back