QT Maintenance ?

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gal hex holding 2 chromis, 2 damsels, 1 sand sifter until Oct 15 while the DT is fallow. I have a scooter blenny in a 10 gal. All treatments are done (copper and CP). I want to add the scooter to the 20 gal for the remaining 4 weeks plus and take the 10 gal down, probably get it sterialized and ready for new corals next month.

The pvc pipe tower I created for the hex is really dirty--brownish and redish layers. As I have a month to go, should I take it out, scrub it off and put back, or is that acting like live rock and just leave it for the next few weeks?

I also put in a couple pcs of dry rock for the blenny. Can that be moved to the other qt as well? They were all qt'd and treated for MV.

Fish in 20 were put in around July 1. Copper to level around 10th and removed 30 days later. Copper now at 0 with cuprisorb. Scooter in qt around 23rd, treated with cp around aug 8th. DT fallow starting July 30

I have some other qt questions as I'm working on coming up with a qt plan but I'll start a new thread for those.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back