QT of Naso Tang

Mr. Limpid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wanted one and now that I have a 180gal. tank I'm trying to add one. The problem is that my QT is a 20gal. long and my first attempt failed with a 5" tang, died from complications due to stress. Want to get a 2.5" to 3" size one but my LFS claims they do not do well that small. Has anyone started with a Naso of this size and were you successful.

husemn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following, I am looking into one as well and only have a 20galloon long. How long was your tang in there before he died?

OP
OP
Mr. Limpid

Mr. Limpid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 weeks, looking great eat well, swimming ok. Then it got a bacterial infection died the 2nd day of the third week.

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso can be a bit finicky but IME the smaller ones tend to acclimate better than larger ones. As always I suggest only purchasing one with a strong appetite. A 20 is on the small side for a Naso but the fact is you are better off doing a proper QT in a 20 as opposed to no QT at all. I would say go with your plan and get a smaller one.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back