QT question

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a qt set up now and there is only 2 more fish in it that has to be moved to my DT which will be done by the end of the week. Everything in that qt went pretty well for the most part.

After the last 2 fish are moved can I just change half of the water and reuse it for the new fish i buy or should I be changing all the water?

OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I start mine over to get rid of medications but thats just me :)

Ok but the last meds i used was prazipro, which i will use again for my new fish as soon as i get them. I guess i didnt want to get rid of the water since i felt like they did so well in my 1st qt as in my newer qt, idk if its the water or just the 2 fish tht are in there but they barely eat n just literally play dead half the time -_-

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always drain and sterilize the QT between batches of fish. You can use vinegar and water to do that and let it - and all the equipment- dry completely before using it again. Better safe than sorry I always say :)

OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always drain and sterilize the QT between batches of fish. You can use vinegar and water to do that and let it - and all the equipment- dry completely before using it again. Better safe than sorry I always say :)

Ok thanks... Ill just starr everything over for the next batch :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back