QT question

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So generally I've always quarenten my fish without any live material in the tank. I usually treat with hyposalinty for three weeks and then two shots of pazipro. This time around I've got a goby and I put in a few small live rocks and a few cups of live sand. I didn't think about it before but would hyposalinty kill any living organism in the rock and sand. I would assume the pazipro would for sure....

I'm just hoping that it doesn't and I don't have a mass die off and constantly have to change out water.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know anything about PraziPro.

I'd be leary about adding live sand...at least very much..unless it can be established in the tank beforehand. Otherwise it should be pretty clean when it goes in.

I'd prefer something like a sponge filter that can be moved into the QT when needed without so much trauma to the bacterial films. (And it should be pretty clean too...no excess detritus hanging on, etc)

OP
OP
Luke Schnabel

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I run a HOB filter unit on the back and a tiny little powerhead to keep everything suspended. Usually change out my filters twice a week.

I put the sand and rock on one side of the tank to keep the goby happy. Just hoping I don't have a die off from having my salinity at .008 for three weeks.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 119 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back