QT question

Titan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought some cuprion to put into my QT tank as a preventive for the new fish. Would you add it right away or wait for the fish to show any signs of being sick??

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought some cuprion to put into my QT tank as a preventive for the new fish. Would you add it right away or wait for the fish to show any signs of being sick??

Shep provided a great resource for you! I'll just add that you want to be careful with copper products. I do think it's a good idea to treat prophylactically for ick and velvet nowadays. But when doing this, you want to be sure to take about 5 days to bring the copper levels up to therapeutic levels so as not to shock the fish. If it's an emergency and the fish would surely die before that 5 days are up, then you can bring it up within 24 hours, but that's reserved for emergencies.

ReeferBob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shep provided a great resource for you! I'll just add that you want to be careful with copper products. I do think it's a good idea to treat prophylactically for ick and velvet nowadays. But when doing this, you want to be sure to take about 5 days to bring the copper levels up to therapeutic levels so as not to shock the fish. If it's an emergency and the fish would surely die before that 5 days are up, then you can bring it up within 24 hours, but that's reserved for emergencies.

Prophylactically eh....

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree entirely

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I've heard it before but... seachem test foe cupramine, and API test for coppersafe, what is the Salifert copper test good for?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back