QT Tank ATO

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run a fish QT tank and a coral QT tank and both have separate Tunze ATO's fed from separate 5 gallon buckets. My DT ato is a Neptune ATK fed from my main RODI storage tank. I was thinking about moving the 2 Tunze QT ato pumps to the main RODI reservoir like the DT. My concern is that, although the output of the qt ATO's is well above the qt water line, it may be possible to contaminate my main RODI tank via the qt ato lines. I base this off the aerosolizing of certain diseases.

Am I thinking wrong about this or should I just keep the qt ATO's on separate 5 gallon buckets and refill them periodically? This all centers around my lazy butt not wanting to refill the buckets.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run a fish QT tank and a coral QT tank and both have separate Tunze ATO's fed from separate 5 gallon buckets. My DT ato is a Neptune ATK fed from my main RODI storage tank. I was thinking about moving the 2 Tunze QT ato pumps to the main RODI reservoir like the DT. My concern is that, although the output of the qt ATO's is well above the qt water line, it may be possible to contaminate my main RODI tank via the qt ato lines. I base this off the aerosolizing of certain diseases.

Am I thinking wrong about this or should I just keep the qt ATO's on separate 5 gallon buckets and refill them periodically? This all centers around my lazy butt not wanting to refill the buckets.
I think if the outlet of the ATO line is not submerged, you should be fine. Add a small check valve for extra security if you like.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

I use a poly tank but small water changes often associated with qt tanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back