Quantum bio enhance

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy are you talking about aminos in general or just this product?

The listed ingredients do not seem especially useful unless N is low. If N is low, amino acids can certainly be useful.

All of those ingredients together sounds like food.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not having issues but when someone like Randy says he sees no reason to even dose it, then it makes u wonder if it’s worth using or changing to another product.

I’d treat it as an experiment. Dose it and see if it impacts the tank in a positive way. I wouldn’t say it cannot be useful in any given tank, and it may provide N in a way that corals prefer to nitrate.

There’s a very long list of different types of chemicals that folks claim helps color, etc. ammonia, trace elements, nitrate, etc.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fron their page:

This product is part of a series that must be used together. The other items in this product series include Quantum Bio-Gen™, Quantum Bio-Metals™, and Quantum Bio-Kalium™. Together, these supplements will provide the required biomolecules, major, minor, and trace coloring elements so that you can get the best of your reef tank and coral color.

Contents:​

– Deionized water

– Naturally preserved blend of:

1. Protein
  2. Amino acids
  3. Fatty acids
  4. Carbohydrates
  5. Vitamins

Thanks. If folks are actually following these directions, and hence are adding other products as well, it is impossible to know (without careful experimenting) which of them are having any observable effects, good or bad.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you having issues with it? Our local stores here in the US have it. I am seeing it showing up every across the US lately.

Don’t be insulted, but do you have any connection to this company? Work there? Friends with folks who do, own it, etc?

Reason I ask is they seem to be just down the road from you.

Last edited:

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d treat it as an experiment. Dose it and see if it impacts the tank in a positive way. I wouldn’t say it cannot be useful in any given tank, and it may provide N in a way that corals prefer to nitrate.

There’s a very long list of different types of chemicals that folks claim helps color, etc. ammonia, trace elements, nitrate, etc.
I wanted to try an experiment so 10 days ago I stopped dosing bio enhance to see what if any effect it would have on my tank.
Firstly my phosphates dropped from 0.34 to 0.1, my nitrates have risen from 8 to 10 and my alk has been on the slow rise currently at 9.35 up from 8.5. All other parameters are basically the same.
I’ve noticed my gonis haven’t been extending as fully as they used too, they’re probably half of what they have been in the past few months.
My anemones are starting to get there bubble tips back after months of being spaghetti, strange coincidence maybe but just an observation.
All other corals are fine and look unaffected as is the fish, and to be honest my corals look like they have more colour.
One thing it’s solved is my high phosphate readings, it was never an issue but I didn’t know why they were always high but now I know.

Back