Quarantine Angels death

nova918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys … ive been doing quarantine for a while with copper power to many fishes… but i see that mortality rate been really high on angel fish using copper power … i never go pass 2.5 using hanna checker alot can even make it to 14 days a … ive heard of people having better luck with cupramine with angels ?? What are you guys experiences what do you suggest … to get angels pass quarantine?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys … ive been doing quarantine for a while with copper power to many fishes… but i see that mortality rate been really high on angel fish using copper power … i never go pass 2.5 using hanna checker alot can even make it to 14 days a … ive heard of people having better luck with cupramine with angels ?? What are you guys experiences what do you suggest … to get angels pass quarantine?
Cupramine and other ionic copper products are what are tough on angelfish, not the amine chelated coppersafe or copper power. I’ve never lost an angelfish to those products. Fish can die from many reasons when first acquired. It is easy to assume that a fish that dies during a copper treatment died from the copper, but that is coincidental. (Or in some cases, the copper treatment was done improperly, but not in your case).

Jay

OP
OP
N

nova918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cupramine and other ionic copper products are what are tough on angelfish, not the amine chelated coppersafe or copper power. I’ve never lost an angelfish to those products. Fish can die from many reasons when first acquired. It is easy to assume that a fish that dies during a copper treatment died from the copper, but that is coincidental. (Or in some cases, the copper treatment was done improperly, but not in your case).

Jay
In my case i start at 1.00 and gradually every day go up until making it to 2.5 … there is 0 amonia so im confused why so many death specifically to angel fish…

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do not ramp
In my case i start at 1.00 and gradually every day go up until making it to 2.5 … there is 0 amonia so im confused why so many death specifically to angel fish…
Do not ramp up as you’re describing as it gives the disease a chance to gain control of a fish
Try to get to target in 24 hours

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back