Quarantine feeding problem

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so my tank has come down with a bit of an ich problem and I have been hoping my fish would get over it naturally and I would manage.

They have had it for like a month now so imo it's safe to say they aren't fighting it off and yes I do have good params and really no stress in the tank other then the tang going after the lawnmower blenny occasionally.

How would you guys recommend quarantining my fish? I know about copper in a separate tank. But the problem is I have a baby mandarin... If I put a spare rock in there, great but the copper will kill the pods. I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so my tank has come down with a bit of an ich problem and I have been hoping my fish would get over it naturally and I would manage.

They have had it for like a month now so imo it's safe to say they aren't fighting it off and yes I do have good params and really no stress in the tank other then the tang going after the lawnmower blenny occasionally.

How would you guys recommend quarantining my fish? I know about copper in a separate tank. But the problem is I have a baby mandarin... If I put a spare rock in there, great but the copper will kill the pods. I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Thanks.

You should not use copper with mandarins anyways, they are sensitive to it. I would hybrid TTM the mandarin. is it captive bred? If so, it may take frozen. Otherwise I have found good sucess with live white worms and ova fish food. You could also buy pods from a reliable source.

Look up: Aquaculture Nursery Farms Coral Feast OVA

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 86 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 68 34.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back