Quarantine help.

Nmaran72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a lawnmower blenny and it’s on its way. Is there any precautions I need to prepare for outside of the normal things

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had difficulty running these through typical quarantine since they like to scrape algae, and QT tanks are so bare. You can try dried algae attached to a rock or clip. They also tend to jump. Other than that, they are pretty straightforward in QT.

With shipped fish, be sure you adjust the salinity in the QT to match he water the fish arrives in. Don’t drip acclimate due to the ammonia/pH issue.

Jay

OP
OP
Nmaran72

Nmaran72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had difficulty running these through typical quarantine since they like to scrape algae, and QT tanks are so bare. You can try dried algae attached to a rock or clip. They also tend to jump. Other than that, they are pretty straightforward in QT.

With shipped fish, be sure you adjust the salinity in the QT to match he water the fish arrives in. Don’t drip acclimate due to the ammonia/pH issue.

Jay
Thanks I was more concern of the algae part of the process because I had not done one before.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 38 36.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 3.9%
Back