Question for Ideal AI Prime 16 Settings for a 20 Gallon Tall Tank

Data

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! So I am brand new to the reefing hobby and recently purchased an AI Prime 16 HD light for my 20 Gallon tall tank (standard Aqueon 24" x 12"). I have had difficulty figuring out an ideal configuration with one of these lights for my tank, and I have it mounted at about 11 inches from the water surface (with room for adjusting lower if need be). I plan to keep some LPS and mostly Softies that have lower light requirements, and so I do not want to overshoot the intensity. Does anyone have a similar tank with successful settings or a general guide for what my UV, Blue, Red, etc. settings should be set to? Also, what is the ideal length of time my lights should be on during the day? Any tips regarding the light for acclimation?

Nano-DaveJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use a slightly modded Karen Vazquez program with my Prime and have been very happy with it

Nano-DaveJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use a slightly modded Karen Vazquez program with my Prime and have been very happy with it
Here’s a simpler program I run on my Evo. If your tank is new you might want to set a two week acclimation period starting at like a 50 or 60 percent reduction

C1A909A4-2493-4669-95AE-4B4CC4379884.png

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back