Rack for RODI/Saltwater reservoirs?

Jacob Fawley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have much horizontal space to work with so I would like to stack the reservoirs on a rack/shelf stand thing. I am not currently able to take a picture of the location, but I know the rack can only be ~30X30 in. Is there a commercially available option? Or would it be better to build/how to build? I am new here by the way.

toybox22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't thing there is a commercially available option. But you'd probably be better off building one. A lot of people use norwesco containers, brute trash cans, or the 50gal blue pickle containers. But if it was me I'd find a container that fits the 30in requirements and build a platform out of 4x4s and plywood and simply put on under and one above. I've also seen people use metal racks to put their containers on. If you watch some of the latest Reef Builders videos on YouTube you can see them in the background. Here's an idea:

1nyS0y1.jpg

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
Metal Wire racks have a rather high amount of load strength. As far as commercial items. I have used them for fish tanks before. Read the specifics on the shelf in question they vary substantially between most are at least 350lbs per shelf for the small ones.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 109 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.1%
Back