Radion XR30 gen 4 or gen 5

leen.tu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I wanted to ask if I should buy radion's XR30 gen 4 for a good price or wait to find a good prices G5 I tried to know what is the difference but couldn't I'm new to the hobby please help out

thank you

OP
OP
L

leen.tu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would depend on the size of tank and if one light would do it. Does it also come with a ReefLink or do you have to buy that separately?
Not sure about the link i didn't ask i have 6 ft wide tank so i think i need 3 and the guy has 3

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Why don't you get 3 xr30 G4 pros that are Mobius ready. Thant should be more than enough to grow anything you want.

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting 3 mobious ready XR30 with arms for 1050$ its not a good deal?
If they are the single arms, they are trash, but if it’s a rail then you are good. The single arms will tilt/lean forward at an angle that makes your fixtures look broken.

if you want to use single arms wait for the 3rd party neptune sky mount and use those for your radions.

It’s not a bad deal, but isn’t a fantastic deal (depending on price you could get G5s for). The G5s will have mobius wifi. The G4s may not (probably not, but ecotech won’t share details). If you are new, I would get the significantly cheaper option until you know what you really want. The G4 lights themselves are good.

Also, you have to consider the price of diffusers if you want them. The G4 diffusers cost more and are more complicated to install (but not hard). The G5s just snap on.

OP
OP
L

leen.tu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are hard to make uniform.. and look right IMHO ...to many variables. Has nothing to do with the mount as much as trying to set them all the right size, spread..etc..
Thank you so much for all the help
Can you send me links to what i can buy for mounting?

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back