Radon xr15 or orphak icon for 5ft 120Gal

Jshiloh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have tough choice on my light choice. BRS is having a sale today 15% off. Rations are free tank mount with each light but orphek is a straight 15% off.

Would like your thoughts . Should I run 4 xr15 gen 6 pros or 2 orphek icon's ? I leaning towards the Orpheks. It's a 120gal 5' with both sps and lps.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius is deal breaker for me on any new ecotech equipment purchases. Nothing like waking up at 3am and seeing the lights blasting because they can't even fix the app to keep proper time. This has been on going since Mobius was introduced. Sorry I have no experience with orphek, I moved to reefbreeders photons.

OP
OP
J

Jshiloh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two xr30 g6 pros are doing my 4’ tank awesome, just curious why you’d prefer 4 xr15?
Well honestly checking out brs videos on spread and par and I liked the look and even the spread was on the multiple xr15's

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the Orphic app have ab+ and programs like the radion does ?
Has a program called "Helius" (https://orphek.com/the-secret-of-coral-health-growth-color-atlantik-icon-helius-program/), which is their stock program. Has six bands you can adjust independently in a graph, and fairly easily once you figure it out. They show the six bands on the website. I never determined how to program a true "AB+" program, but I am sure you could figure out something close. It has six channels and I typically run the sunrise and solar noon channels no more than 25% the cyan, blue, violet, UV/violet spectra.
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 9.14.27 PM.png

OP
OP
J

Jshiloh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has a program called "Helius" (https://orphek.com/the-secret-of-coral-health-growth-color-atlantik-icon-helius-program/), which is their stock program. Has six bands you can adjust independently in a graph, and fairly easily once you figure it out. They show the six bands on the website. I never determined how to program a true "AB+" program, but I am sure you could figure out something close. It has six channels and I typically run the sunrise and solar noon channels no more than 25% the cyan, blue, violet, UV/violet spectra.
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 9.14.27 PM.png
Thanks for the great info. Seems easy enough. I appreciated it.

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep mine at 17” based on the tank depth and coverage of one unit over a 48” x 24” tank, from the light spread article.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back