Rainbow or flame or rose bubble tip anemone???????????????

CHALICEKEEPER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THE LAST WEEK I HAVE SEEN ALOT OF DIFFERENT RAINBOW OR FLAME OR ROSE BUBBLE TIP ANEMONES THAT LOOK KINDA CLOSE TO THE SAME THING NOW IM CONFUSED AT WHAT I HAVE. COULD YOU POST A PICTURE OF YOURS AND PUT A NAME ON IT SO I CAN COMPARE THEM TO MINE :tongue: MINE HAS A GREEN BASE WITH RED/ORANGE BUBBLES

Last edited:
OP
OP
CHALICEKEEPER

CHALICEKEEPER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REEFTANK33.jpg
HAS A GREEN BASE BUT HARD TO SEE
REEFTANK32.jpg

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with cntryboi. Looks like a rainbow nem to me.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple pictures of mine. I call it SWEET! ;)
EDIT - I've had it for ~ a year and have had to cut it 2x already. This is before the last fragging I did about a week ago.
(no frags sorry :( )

Nemframed.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Nem2.jpg

Last edited:

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got to see a couple baby flame bubble tips last week and my jaw about hit the floor. truly amazing little creatures.

jam3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Those babies must be coming in a lot. I picked one up a couple weeks ago at a LFS. Looking gooood in my tank.

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first pick looks like aregular very nice RBTA. The last pick is what I consider a rainbow. It has yellow, orange, red/pink & green. Does anyone have a rainbow that stays bubble? Most I have seen have long tenacles.

NaClCrocodile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, rainbow? Those look like regular RBTAs to me. RBTA which I consider all red, red with a blue base, or red with a green base. Flame BTAs have a red body color and yellow/orange tips. Lemondrop is a GBTA with yellow tips - one of my favorites. Are there more (well... I know a couple but those are under wraps lol).

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To my knowledge there are seven colors in a rainbow which are not represented in none of the pics above. I see red and green wheres the other 5 I think anything with a couple colors these days people call "rainbow" thats only to make more money lol Now with Acans a few zoas as well as other very rare plates etc etc there are legit rainbows. But when something has 2 very distinct colors it should just be called a multi colored bubble tip or something along those lines. Here lately i have seen alot of things misrepresented with 1 of a kind rainbow blah blah blah lol and I open the thread and its red and green. PEOPLE THESE ARE NOT RAINBOWS. A rainbow has 7 colors

condor

CORAL DR.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to my knowledge there are seven colors in a rainbow which are not represented in none of the pics above. I see red and green wheres the other 5 i think anything with a couple colors these days people call "rainbow" thats only to make more money lol now with acans a few zoas as well as other very rare plates etc etc there are legit rainbows. But when something has 2 very distinct colors it should just be called a multi colored bubble tip or something along those lines. Here lately i have seen alot of things misrepresented with 1 of a kind rainbow blah blah blah lol and i open the thread and its red and green. People these are not rainbows. A rainbow has 7 colors
bravo

hounddog01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all look like RBTA's I have about 20 of them and they are all teh same clones. depending on the lighting they will be very Red, blood red. Under more intense light they look more orange, yellow, and green. I have seen the ones with colored tips and they are awesome. Other than that I have never seen a rainbow bta. I agree with Jordan there are 7 colors in a rainbow and people are just nameing the something new so they can sell it for more $$. This is a marketing trick for 100's of years.

islandrdjoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think some bta's can produce more colors than others. I have rbta's that can go from orange to dark red but are not really multicolored besides the base. Its not a complete gimmick.

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many color morphs for BTA. A rainbow name is JUST A NAME get it. Its telling you there is more than just red in color. You can call in marketing or just a descriptive name. I can understand your disappointemt, but it is what it is.

swimmingswammi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you call this?

If those are rainbows what is this? It was under the lights then moved into the shadows. When I went looking to feed (false perc does not do his JOB) I found that they had just split!

I bought it at my LFS. I think they had two more. But they weren't cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_4377.JPG
    IMG_4377.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 1,219
  • IMG_4375.JPG
    IMG_4375.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,236
  • IMG_4379.JPG
    IMG_4379.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,242
  • IMG_4378.JPG
    IMG_4378.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 1,237
  • IMG_4381.JPG
    IMG_4381.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,255

420reffer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first pick looks like aregular very nice RBTA. The last pick is what I consider a rainbow. It has yellow, orange, red/pink & green. Does anyone have a rainbow that stays bubble? Most I have seen have long tenacles.
Mine stay bubbled I just cut it into 4 yesterday looks like they recovered nicely
IMG_20190622_093050534.jpeg
IMG_20190622_092940810.jpeg
received_2289618994624459.jpeg

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 53 49.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back