Raising No³

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley
Will this work? I'm at .38 and I'd really like to get up around the 5-10 ppm range. Po⁴ is at .16 now.
Could you help me out with this? I'd like to make a solution to dose if possible. Never thought I'd be trying to bring this up in my tank but I don't have many fish in this tank as it's our sps dominant mixed reef grow out tank for our upcoming build.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
RELLIK-REEF

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley
Will this work? I'm at .38 and I'd really like to get up around the 5-10 ppm range. Po⁴ is at .16 now.
Could you help me out with this? I'd like to make a solution to dose if possible. Never thought I'd be trying to bring this up in my tank but I don't have many fish in this tank as it's our sps dominant mixed reef grow out tank for our upcoming build.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220129-171717_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-171717_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 24

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have to dose sodium nitrate solution to my tank and that is the same bag that I bought, and never saw any negative effect to my tank, although I didn't need to use it for very long.

Before that I also used stump remover for a few years without any problems too. I just switched because I was concerned about the build up of potassium, plus I doubt chemical purity is much of a concern at the stump remover bottling factory.

ETA- sorry I meant to quote your message but it was the first bag from Amazon that I was referring to using. It won't let me edit the post to add the quote.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Can you tell me the way to mix it for dosing

Sure, you dissolve it in RO/DI at a level where it will dissolve (not more than 0.5 g/mL), but beyond that, it's up to you to decide what is handy to dose.

This calculator walks you though it. Use the entry for nitrate from potassium nitrate even though you are using sodium nitrate. it is close enough.

I'd start by dosing about 2 ppm a day and see what happens over a few days.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back