Random Watchman Goby story

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short, bought a Watchman Goby and a small Pistol Shrimp a couple of weeks ago. Pistol Shrimp disappeared immediately and haven’t seen it since. Goby spent 90% of his time sitting on power heads and return pump nozzles and swimming around near the surface. The other 10% was eating and doing other Goby stuff. I was concerned he might be unhealthy, and I knew my #2 LFS had a Pistol Tiger for sale. Put him in the DT and now my Goby is acting like a Goby 100% of the time. And FWIW, Tiger shrimp should be named Bulldozer shrimp.

I have a video, but apparently I’m too tech illiterate to post it. Too long maybe?

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea my watchman was all over the place until I got him a pistol shrimp. Now those two have tunnels and burrows all over the tank now. They even have one that exits on top of a rock from underneath. I know this because I will sometimes watch them shove sand out of it and there is now a hill of sand leading to it. No worries tho, I set the rock down firmly on the bottom glass when I set up the tank and added sand around it for this exact reason. They can dig to their hearts content and I don't have to worry about a rockslide.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair years ago with a single pistol shrimp. Sometimes they’d be all together or just one with the shrimp. Holes and Tunnels all through the Aquarium. Now I have two, in Quarantine that appear to be paired, keeping my fingers crossed.

Jeroen1975

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice
Mine skips on his bellyfins as if to say
"hey mate, where those mysis today?"

16972267621841086634372531890528.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back