• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Rare yellow orange JJR Dragon Flame Algae - $50/1+inch frag - plus shipping

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Thread Prefix?
  1. YES I have added pre-fixes to my thread title.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

-JoJoReefing-

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have grown some rare yellow orange variant of the normal dragon breath algae, and I name it JJR dragon flame. It is still red under natural light, but blue spectrum reveals the brilliant yellow orange color. They feel a bit softer than normal dragon breath, but is alive and growing.

DOA covered within 3 hrs of receiving the package.

Shipping cost:

FedEx 2Day: $12
UPS next day Air: $63

local pickup available near Seattle, WA area

For faster purchase, you can search for my shop name JoJoReefing on eBay and Etsy.
IMG_5355.jpeg IMG_5354.jpeg

Last edited:

Garyakala

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People on Reef2reef, if you are looking for a great dragon breath algae or other algae. You should contact this seller because I have a good relationship dealing with him. He is quick at responding your questions, and can work a deal with you. I got a healthy algae from him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
-JoJoReefing-

-JoJoReefing-

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
bump, now after a couple months of experiment I can confirm this orange algae is growing (probably same speed as normal red dragon breath), and the orange color does not revert under relatively high intensity blue-spectrum light. I have quite a few frags available and I usually send out 2+inch frags.

red dragon breath also available to purchase by frag or by cup.

Garyakala

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The color on the orange dragon breath stay orange. Looks very vibrant too. I got it from this vendor and enjoying his algae every bit of my time. Worth the money.

Doctor Derp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my regular dragons breath does this also under strong blue lighting. You don't have anything special here sir.

Stephers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The color on the orange dragon breath stay orange. Looks very vibrant too. I got it from this vendor and enjoying his algae every bit of my time. Worth the money.
Thanks for answering!
my regular dragons breath does this also under strong blue lighting. You don't have anything special here sir.
Completely orange? Traditional dragon's breath only has the tips orange. I've personally never seen all orange dragon's breath before.

OP
OP
-JoJoReefing-

-JoJoReefing-

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes. If you push it hard enough, the orange will "bleach" out and go clear / die
Seems in my sump the condition is just right that they turn orange, but they keep the color and don't go clear/die. Have had it for more than half a year and they have multiplied quite a bit since then. I would still say it is special, in the reef hobby anything with unusually color is special right

So far my buyers are having 50/50 chance to have it growing in their tanks, colors unchanged. It is definitely a slow grower and more fragile than normal dragon breath.

Garyakala

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for dirty tank, but the algae seem to enjoy it. As you can see the one on the left is the pure orange algae, and then the one on the right is the regular dragon breath. Im not trying to help advertising for this vendor, but i am sure he is legit selling a new morph of dragon breath.
image.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back