Recirculation skimmer

@drian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to know if I can feed a skimmer Octopus Regal EXT 170 with the same pump of return of the aquarium, is a Jebao dc 12000?
This to not have to put another bomb but

Thank you

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to know if I can feed a skimmer Octopus Regal EXT 170 with the same pump of return of the aquarium, is a Jebao dc 12000?
This to not have to put another bomb but

Thank you
The skimmer will not work as efficiently with this setup as it would with a separate pump since you will be pushing already skimmed water back through it. Odds are it will work just fine as long as your skimmer is on the bigger side for your system and feeding habits.

cb684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can, but I would not. It will be easier to dial the skimmer with a separate pump. And I agree with Brew12, you will loose some efficiency.

OP
OP
@drian

@drian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many thanks for your comments Brew12 and cb684 !!
Now, of some maner you can use the descent directly from the aquarium ?? In the technical specifications of the skimmer says that it should be boosted from 300-600gph, but I do not know how to measure the amount of water that is going to go down the overflow ...

I currently have an aquarium of 70gl display + 20gl sump!
I acquired the regal 170 ext for a new aquarium of 170 gl display + the sump that I am still designing, but I stopped with the skimmer needing a food pump

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many thanks for your comments Brew12 and cb684 !!
Now, of some maner you can use the descent directly from the aquarium ?? In the technical specifications of the skimmer says that it should be boosted from 300-600gph, but I do not know how to measure the amount of water that is going to go down the overflow ...

I currently have an aquarium of 70gl display + 20gl sump!
I acquired the regal 170 ext for a new aquarium of 170 gl display + the sump that I am still designing, but I stopped with the skimmer needing a food pump
I love thought, but it will not work. The back pressure from the skimmer would not allow enough flow with only gravity.

OP
OP
@drian

@drian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love thought, but it will not work. The back pressure from the skimmer would not allow enough flow with only gravity.

No more talk I am going to connect you a maxijet 1200 pump that I have without use! I think it works perfectly!
Just one more query, to land the sump design. For the display of 170 gl, 2 drops of 1.5 inches okay ??

Thank you

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No more talk I am going to connect you a maxijet 1200 pump that I have without use! I think it works perfectly!
Just one more query, to land the sump design. For the display of 170 gl, 2 drops of 1.5 inches okay ??

Thank you
Yup, that is plenty. You can get way more flow than you would ever want through 2 drops of 1.5 inches.

OP
OP
@drian

@drian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you very much!!
And sorry for the translations, I already have little English!

regards

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back