Recommend me a RODI system

Montu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm happy with my liquagen off of Amazon, they upgraded me from 75gpd to 150 for free..I have not seen a better deal around.

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Kaiser

Kaiser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1
Same here got he BRS 4 Stage - 75GPD with built in TDS meter.
Love the BRS RO/DI stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I think RO/DI and reef BRS jumps in my mind ASAP:)

OP, You'll love mixing your on salt water too:D
Oh believe me I love mixing salt :p used to work at a local store here, twas' a interesting experience :|

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand made setups are more expensive, there's nothing special about RODI stuff. It's old science.

Buy the empty canisters, get .5 micron sediment and carbon from marinedepot(spectrapure brand), buy 50gpd ro membrane for less waste water and using less di resin over time, buy 100gpd ro membrane for more waste but more output and having to replace di resin more often(high silicate absorption membranes available too), get some silica resin for 1 canister(i use filterguys), then an inline tds meter(if dual;first goes after ro membrane) and then 2 canisters of di resin.(silicates will slip through di resin, thus you want a separate canister of silica resin before the di) You'll then just need a few plugs and hose. You'll spend as much as the starter unit's from pretty much any vendor, but you will get better quality water vs resources ratios.

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with a used BRS 4 stage plus unit and have upgraded it through BRS to the 6 Stage water saver plus with an additional TDS meter. Love it.
The water saver really dose make water much faster. Next upgrade will be a booster pump.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand made setups are more expensive, there's nothing special about RODI stuff. It's old science.

Buy the empty canisters, get .5 micron sediment and carbon from marinedepot(spectrapure brand), buy 50gpd ro membrane for less waste water and using less di resin over time, buy 100gpd ro membrane for more waste but more output and having to replace di resin more often(high silicate absorption membranes available too), get some silica resin for 1 canister(i use filterguys), then an inline tds meter(if dual;first goes after ro membrane) and then 2 canisters of di resin.(silicates will slip through di resin, thus you want a separate canister of silica resin before the di) You'll then just need a few plugs and hose. You'll spend as much as the starter unit's from pretty much any vendor, but you will get better quality water vs resources ratios.
I'm just lazy and want BRS to build my RODI units for me :)
Good Stuff though.

Luna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also wanted a rodi unit, but was wondering how I can also make drinking water with it . Do I just skip the di part?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hybrid BRS / Spectrapure unit. It's a BRS RO unit that I got for a great eat deal used paired with a Spectrapure dual DI unit. I'm running all Spectra pure .5 micron prefilters, DI cartridges (both MaxCap and SilicaBuster) along with a SpectraSelect 90 GPD membrane with an appropriately trimmed capillary tube flow restrict or for the membrane.

I learned a lot about source water filtration from posts from @AZDesertRat and PMing him when I had questions.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've run specrapure for years and now run my new setup with a BRS Unit honestly cant tell any differences other than price

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with BRS. Products are greats, prices are great, shipping is free, BRS videos are great, customer service is great. Go BRS! Their RODI systems are plug and play and come with all the attachments you need to hook up in multiple ways.

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with BRS. Products are greats, prices are great, shipping is free, BRS videos are great, customer service is great. Go BRS! Their RODI systems are plug and play and come with all the attachments you need to hook up in multiple ways.

I also recommend BRS for all the above reasons. Get the 6 stage water saver plus, it's worth it. If your PSI is at or below 50psi you would benefit greatly with the booster pump kit also.

xREEFINaintEZx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a used system and put good quality filters/ro membrane/di resin in the used system. The canisters and plumbing are all the same. Filters are the difference.
exactly... just do your homework on microns and ive been looking at the "rope" sediment filters. if i ever get a crack in my housing ill prob get the refurbished spectrapure

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back